This summer has gone by so fast but has been such a wonderful summer. We didn't go on any trips but we sure did stay busy and have had so much fun! Here is a little snip of what went on at our home in July...
This little man turned 9 months on the 5th. He's a pill!! Love him oh so much though!
| At Eli's 9 month checkup |
This kid loves the water! And he is one big mess after meals. So we have discovered that takings baths in the sink is so convenient and much better for mama's back! =)
We took K to see her first movie at AMC highland village. She sat still for most of the movie. But when her popcorn ran out she started getting a little antsy. =) Half way through the movie we had to take a potty break and she found the bathroom very entertaining.
We have been blessed by some pretty amazing friends. We received a gift card from our life group to a very nice place in Denton called Hannahs. It was so yummy! And so pretty I couldn't resist taking a picture!
Ryan spent a week in Haiti with a couple of the other guys/girls from a ministry we are involved in called Education Impact. He went to film and take pictures for the video they are making for EI. WHile he was gone I hung out with my friend Lindsay (who's husband was also in Haiti). Kaisley loves her girls so much. They are like sisters. =) She is sandwiched in between them by age. Addy is 4, K is 3 and Hallie is 2. They have so much fun together!
My sweet friend Andrea came to visit from Tulsa while Ryan was in Haiti. She has a little girl who is 6 days younger than K and a boy who is a month younger than Eli. And they were married just a couple months after us. We are on the same timeline! =) I so wish we lived closer. But love visiting with her and the kiddos when they come in town.
I got this cute wine glass from my sweet mother in law for my birthday and it was used quite a bit while Ryan was in Haiti. =)
With the weather being so hot we have tired to find indoor activities. Barnes and Noble has been a great get away on a hot afternoon. Also, The Ark is a great free indoor place. It is in Coppell so kinda far for us but it is such a neat place!
We were able to greet Ry at the airport. Kaisley loved the anticipation of waiting for her daddy. It was so sweet watching all the girls wait for their daddy's. She found out that she really likes airports too! =)
About once a week we will go on a walk down the drive way to Nana and Papa's or sometimes we go all the way to the barn to see the animals and get some eggs. Yes that is her doll... And yes it IS almost as big as her. But she loves it and is such a good "momma" to her. (Eli loves the "big baby")
Once a week I try to make waffles or pancakes so we can freeze them and eat on them the whole week. It saves us money and they are way better then the frozen ones. K loves to help me make them.
At the beginning of July before it got way too hot we would hang out at the splash park in Roanoke. There are 2 pretty cool ones and the kids love it! This particular day was with our mommies group.
We have started a dinner club with these precious friends! We call it "book club" just to be different... But there are no books involved. Just some wine, food and great conversations. Oh and NO KIDS! =)
I love love love Saturdays with my family. I look forward to them every weekend! Usually we start the morning out lounging in our bed together and then get up and get out of the house for a bit. This month we went to chickfila for lunch and attempted a movie with all four of us... not so fun. Luckily it was only 75 cents each for tickets. We also went to the Trophy club water park which is pretty amazing. I have gone several times with the kids during the week this summer.
These girls are just super cute and make me happy! =) Had to share this pic. They showed up at church all wearing the same dress. Love them!
Found out about Ben and Jerry's greek froyo. YUMM! =)
Went Christmas shopping at Target. They have this secret toy clearance twice a year. It's only by word of mouth and thanks to my friend Jackie I saved hundreds of dollars! I got toys regularly marked $30-40 for less than $10!! I don't think I paid more then $10 for any of the toys I got. I was very excited about this not only because I'm practically done with all my xmas shopping for all the kids in my family but I saved a TON of money too!
These two have bonded a lot this month. Kaisley is very nurturing and LOVES helping me with E.
My daddy turned 55 at the end of the month. We celebrated by going to Classic Cafe in Roanoke. Such a nice place and we had a great time with my family with out the kiddos. You can actually finish a conversation!! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment