Monday, November 10, 2008

"An amazing experience"

This past weekend my mom and sister participated in the 3-day walk. It is through Susan G. Komen. It is a total of 60 miles of walking. I know that when you think of walking you don't think of injuries or tiredness. But of what I hear it is very much both. After talking with them and looking at pictures I realized what an amazing thing they did. They walked an average of 17 miles a day! But thats not all, just hearing them talk about all the people on the side cheering them on and encouraging just gives me the chills. They said that as soon as they started telling themselves that they couldn't walk one mile someone either walking by or on the side would cheer them on or help them out.
I just had to share this with anyone who reads. I am so proud of my mom and sis for hanging in there. They did so good and I know that they learned alot from this experience.

Here are some pictures of their amazing weekend!





They were on Team Boobwieser =) It is my sister's mother in law's team. She is a SURVIVOR!! PRAISE THE LORD!!

1 comment:

Amber Massey said...

Congrats to them, it is an amazing feat to acomplish!! Lucky girl to have incredible family!! Hope all is well :)