Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas is over already!

Christmas always seems to fly by...Shopping, wrapping, cooking, & partying always makes for a busy holiday season - and this year it all seemed to hold true more than ever! It all started the Monday before Christmas when Ryan and I got some interesting news...WE'RE PREGNANT! We are so unbelievably excited!! It's still so new and it doesn't even seem real. I am 6 weeks and 3 days prego as of today and am actually starting to feel some of the symptons (not too bad though). I go to my first doctors appt. next Monday and I'll will keep everyone posted.

Since we found out right before Christmas, we wanted to take the opportunity to be creative and give our families the news while we opened our gifts - It was such perfect timing. We ended up buying white one-sies and wrote on them "Cant' wait to meet you". We personalized them for each family member, so my mom's said "Can't wait to meet you Nana" and so forth. They are all so excited and their reactions to the gifts couldn't have been any better!

We also saw some great movies over the break. I strongly suggest every one to go see "Marley and Me", especially if you are a dog lover. It's such a good movie and if you go see it then definitely bring some tissues with you. Another good one was "The curious case of Benjamin Button" - it's really thought-provoking!...Oh and "Four Christmas's" was a funny one!

Our annual "New Years Eve/Chris Burnett Birthday Party" was a blast like always. This year we had a party inside my parents barn. I know it sounds wierd, but they have a pretty cool barn. My dad has it all decked out to where it looks like a game room. We had a pool table, beer pong, and washers. It was freezing in there, but luckily we had some space heaters for the girls to hover aroud all night. We grilled some burgers and brats and had a whole table full of appetizers. When the New Year came we popped open some champagne and had our own count down to midnight. By then it was so cold in the barn that we moved the after party to my parent's guest house.

Tomorrow we begin our busy schedules and daily routines. We are very ecxited to see what 2009 brings!

7 comments:

Amber Massey said...

Congrats to you and Ryan..that is SOOO exciting! It was truly a perfect Christmas present!

Jackie said...

I am so glad you finally blogged the news!!!! I can't wait for our kids to be friends!! Love you lots girl! have a good week!

Kelley Jean said...

Yaya!! Congrats! I am 8 weeks pregnant too!! Oh my how much we have all grown!! :) Congrats girl! What a blessing!

MSCW said...

Was waiting until I could post a comment on your blog!!! :)
Praying for Baby Martin:
Colossians 2:6-7 "As you have received Christ, so continue to live in Him. Keep your roots deep in him and have your lives buit on Him. Be strong in faith, just as you were taught, and always be thankful."
Glad we got to see ya'll this Christmas!

Kristi said...

congratulations!!!!

nicolepage said...

Congratulations! So excited for you and Ryan!

My Lion's Lair said...

Hey Katie and Ryan, congratulations. I'm happy for you and will be praying for you as you progress through the pregnancy. God bless y'all. Love y'all.
Bryan