Monday, June 15, 2009

Miss Kaisley Grace Martin!

I figured I would update a little on the pregnancy and how our little girl is doing. I am now 28 weeks! Only 12 more weeks to go... that is if I go the full 40 weeks. She is getting bigger and I can defiantly feel her moving around in there which is the best feeling in the world. I went to the doctor at 26 1/2 weeks and she weighed 2 pounds!! She has been very active this past week which is very comforting. I go back to the doctor a week from today to take the glucose test. BLAH! I heard it tastes nasty! From now on I will go to the doctor every two weeks instead of four.


I can not believe it is so close!! We are getting very anxious for her to be here. We have been reading our parenting books like crazy trying to get ready for her. Ryan is really enjoying this book called, "Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters." We start our Child Birth class on July 20th which is going to be very helpful and it will be nice to meet other couples going through the same journey.

This past weekend some of my closest girl friends threw a suprise shower for my friend Andrea and I. Andrea is 2 weeks ahead of me. It was so much fun and so nice to see everyone. I love when Andrea comes to visit (she lives in Tulsa) because we get to catch up on our pregnancies and talk babies.


The bedding is here!! It is so precious. My mom came over today and helped me start decorating. We finished one wall. Her room is finally coming together!! YEAH!!

3 comments:

Chris and Angela Burnett said...

Love the wall! :)

Melissa said...

I love your little girl's room. It is so cute. And I love your wall. When she comes I will definitely have to come see her, since I live so much closer to ya'll now. Ryan and you are going to make such great parents.

brittany said...

Katie yay!!! Your baby girl's room is already adorable!!!

I love that picture of you and andrea too... you both make very cute pregnant women!

Baby Kaisley is so blessed to get to have you and Ryan as Mom and Dad. I can't wait!