Friday, October 8, 2010

Well I am finally taking the time to catch up on the blog while sitting here in the hospital room. Yep. Ryan had to have emergency surgery to get his appendix out today... Exciting! He is doing okay...just in a lot of pain. I hate seeing my hubby this way and can't wait for him to feel better. We are so blessed to have such amazing families. They have been so great. Mom dropped everything she had going on yesterday to watch Kaisley. Poor nana didn't think she was going to have a sleep over...Ryan's parents left their work to come sit with him. They also kept me company all day. :) He will stay here for a couple more days...he's not to excited about that... Then they will send him home with some meds and he'll get taken care of by his favorite nurse. ;)

So, Kaisleys party was a success. She got a ton of gifts and LOVED her GIANT cupcake i made her! I had so much fun getting ready for her party.I love all the little details that make it all come together. I will post pictures when i get back home to my computer(I'm on my parents nifty IPAD right now). I made her a little high chair banner that had her name on it. I made her a one year banner...it was so cute! It was labeled newborn to 12 months and i hung pictures of her at each month on it. I also made some cupcake cookies on a stick with the number one on them. I bagged them and put ribbon on them for party favors. My friend Beka made her an adorable cake that was very yummy. I made a giant cupcake for Kaisley's "smash" cake... She LOVED it although it was as big as her head! :) I really enjoyed making all of the decorations for her party and I though it made it unique. I would love to start doing that kind of stuff for people throwing showers, birthdays, etc.

Kaisley is getting to be such a big girl!! I feel like I say that every time i blog but she is just growing up so fast... Please tell me it slows down sometime... Well, I thought I would share some things about Miss K like I always do...

She...
-Is not quite walking by herself yet. She has been walking with help since before her birthday and has been taking a few steps on her own for the past few weeks. But actually yesterday when she came up here to visit her daddy she was taking like 5-10 steps!!!! So it wont be long.
-has two more teeth...her bottom molars...I think that makes 10 teeth total.
-still takes 2 naps a day...she loves her beauty sleep. ;) she has been such a good sleeper from day one.
-is kind of a picky eater these days... She's not a big fan of veggies...i need to search ways to hide them in her dinners. She loves flavor!! Not a big fan of bland foods...which is good!!
-has a lot of new friends and cousins being born. Her cousin Addy and her friend Landon arrived in April, cousin Krew in June, friend Hadley in September, cousin Braxton on Monday, cousin Beckett and friend Ben arriving any day now and friend Addison Mae arriving in November. Whew! They are going to be so fun to watch grow up together. :)
-She has an obsession with shoes! If she sees a pair of shoes she repeatedly says "choos" until you put them on her. It's quite funny. :)

At her 12 month checkup she weighed a whopping 17 lbs. She a petite girl!! :)

Tuesday, K and I went to the pumpkin patch with my mom and sis and her kiddos. We got a lot of great pictures that I will post later. It's so funny being in public with my sister and watching all the different looks she gets... Having a 5 1/2 month old while 37 weeks pregnant is just not physically possible... ;)

Well with all the babies being born lately I have been quite busy with hosting showers. It's been a lot of fun planning and decorating(pictures to come of my sisters). Pretty much every weekend in September was booked with a shower. And I have one at the end of the month which is going to be so fun and special for our good friends, the Burnetts.

Well I better go tend to my sweet hubby...

Blessings,
Katie

No comments: