Thursday, September 10, 2009





Well Kaisley Grace is here! She came three weeks early on August 18th!! She surprised us just a little with her early arrival but we were so excited to finally meet her.
Here's the story of her arrival:
Friday August 14th: Went to doctor for a check up. No dilation, no effacement.
Monday August 17th: Woke up with a little cramping with my contractions but went on about my day. Had lunch with Jackie and Jenny then went and ran some errands with Jenny. I still felt the contractions but didn't feel the need to time them. Once I dropped Jenny off and headed home I noticed that the contractions were about 4 minutes apart and by the time I pulled in to my neighborhood they started getting stronger. My mom came over to help me finish putting away the last of Kaisley's things, however she ended up coaching me through my contractions. By the time Ryan got home I was in enough pain to feel the need to head to the hospital. We got our bags together and headed to the hospital. Unfortunately I was only dilated to a 1 and 0% effaced so they sent me home! I was VERY upset because the contractions were so painful that I just knew that she had to be coming very soon. After a much needed stop to Whataburger we headed back home. I continued to have contractions through the night and they continued to get stronger and more painful. I did not sleep at all, instead my wonderful husband stayed up with me and helped me get through each contraction. That class defiantly paid off. =)
Tuesday August 18th: At 8:30 I finally decided that we were going back to the hospital. I mean when you are crying through your contractions I am pretty sure you are in "active labor". So we get our bags and head that way. This time we had good news. I was dilated to a 4 and they told us we were having a baby. We were thrilled to hear the news but kinda scared at the same time...
By 11:30 I got my epidural and felt like a champ the rest of the day. I pushed for about 30 to 40 minutes and she arrived at 5:37PM, 6.5 lbs. 19 1/4 inches. It was such an amazing experience and to be able to go through it with Ryan made it even better. We had about 20 family and friends at the hospital all day waiting for her to get here. I loved everyone being there with us!! What a blessing it is to have such amazing friends and family!!

A couple of days after we brought Kaisley home we noticed she was a little yellow. After taking her to the pediatrician we found out that she had high levels of bilirubin. Which is what cause Jandice. We were very upset and scared for a while and had to make many trips to the doctor but she is such a troop and is doing so much better.



5 1/2 weeks later.... I am beginning to get the hang of mommyhood. Kaisley is growing so much and changes daily! She hasnt quite figured out a schedule yet, so it makes each day new and exciting for me. She keeps me on my toes thats for sure! =) She has started to coo and loves to stare.

We have kept her busy the past couple of weeks. Last weekend we took her up to Norman for her first tailgating experience. She did so good and we were able to meet and introduce her to Tatum, her "first" friend. =) Tatum is one of our best friends baby girl. Andrea and I went through the world of pregnancy together and Tatum was born 6 days after Miss Kaisley. We are so excited to see them grow up together!!

Well that is about it for now. I promise I will be better about updating.

3 comments:

Amber Massey said...

So glad to hear the story, Katie! I would love to meet this beautiful doll of yours! Congrats to you and Ryan!

Jackie Manack said...

So sweet ..we love miss Kaisley... Luke is glad to have a little friend now! Glad she and Tatum got to meet finally!

Chris and Angela Burnett said...

yay!! a blog update! :) I love hearing your story...every time it makes me smile!